Wednesday, December 22, 2010

SUCCESS!

Now I look forward to having many more "success" posts than "debcale" posts as I did last week! I worked VERY hard this week to watch what I consumed. It was HAAAAAARD to manage when my students are bringing me in 3 pounds of chocolate candies! lol, BUT...I used it. I shared it, I had the kids help me calculate the points for a serving. We even had a lesson on what a serving size is because many of them didn't know what I was talking about when I said the candy was 6 points per serving. So, we found some food labels of things they had for snack and things I had in the room for me to snack on and we figured out what a serving actually meant. They were pretty surprised to see that many of the things they had were more than 1 serving! Anyway, it was nice to be able to share that with them and have them say, "Ms. Gant that's your 3rd piece of candy!" I was like..."UGH you are right! That is 6 points then because that is a serving!" So...the candy was shared with them because I wasn't going to consume the amount of points in that box! (which was more than my ENTIRE weekly "extras")

Anyway...after getting my medication back under control..my cycle stopping..and being very diligent on my tracking this week..........SUCCESS!!!! Oh yeah baby! 5.8 pounds DOWN!! Can I hear a WOOT WOOT!! SO! let me say this...I have NEVER been lower than I am today since I have been on this journey with Weight Watchers. A total of 40.2 pounds is all the lower I have EVER gotten. So...this week....I have a MAJOR goal. I dont' care if I only lose .6...but I want to lose. I am GOING to lose. I NEED to lose. I need to see myself get past this hurdle!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you speak so positively, that really helps when your faced with a challenge:) Good luck to you, you are a strong and determined person and I know you can do it!!!! Have a Merry Christmas and Wonderful New Year!!!
    Tami Horning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Sis!

    If I was one of your students I would've been tricking you and double-counting your points so you would have to share more candy with us!

    Miss you and Merry Christmas!
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Cuz! Keep it up! Love you!
    Jes

    ReplyDelete