Sunday, December 5, 2010

No Fear

That's right...I am NOT going to be afraid of that damned number anymore! So here is the beginning:

April 7, 2010 I decided enough was enough and I joined Weight Watchers. I weighed in at a staggering 297 pounds! I literally cried all the way home. I hadn't been that large since I was pregnant with my daughter...and this time I had no excuse except FOOD and lack of self control!

Basically, it was relatively easy to lose the weight...I mean when you are almost 300 pounds if you simply start paying attention to the crap you are putting in your mouth you lose weight! I am not gonna lie..I did NOTHING to lose the weight, EXCEPT my portions and what I ate. So, I quickly made my first 5 pounds, then my 10% WW goal, hit my 25 pound mark, and even my 30 pound mark! I was ESTATIC because for the most part it was really a breeze.

Then....September 22, 2010 hit.
I was FINALLY 260 pounds. I was SO damn happy it was crazy! However, since then I have been up/down/twisted around! As you can see my CURRENT weight is 261. Nope, I didn't stop doing Weight Watchers. I didn't start cheating. I didn't start going over my points. I didn't increase my portions. I didn't start eating fast food. I simply got stuck.

Then one day like a slap upside the head, I ran headlong into the realization that DUH my body was rebelling. It was telling me, "Okay Jen, we GET the portions thing, we have been eating vegetables, we have been doing everything you asked. Now it's your turn to listen. You aren't going ANYWHERE unless you start to excercise." My reaction? OH DAMN. *sigh* I HATE to excercise, hate, loathe, despise, dislike, abhore, resent, and any other synonym you can think of, excercise!

However...I joined a gym and started. Yep, I did it. This blog is going to be my personal reminder that I WILL go to the gym. I WILL be posting my weight here every week. I WILL be posting pictures of me at my lovely 300 and even today. I WILL make this change in my life. I WILL make this my lifestyle and someday I hope to I WILL love excercise. (Okay, how about just tolerate!)

Thanks for joining in the journey with me.
*Pictures are coming, amazingly enough, it's hard to find pictures of me at 300 pounds! gee I wonder why I didn't want to be in front of the camera!*

9 comments:

  1. Jen I'm SOOOO proud of you! I know the exercise part sucks, you should definitely find yourself a work out buddy! It makes it easier. Can't wait to read your blog and follow your progress :)
    ~Caly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Jen! You've made it this far don't get discouraged! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Love the blog and am so happy to have a friend to share the journey with. Want to do a bollywood dance video with me and Mita this week in my classroom??? LMAO. But really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being willing to meet this challenge head on! I will try to use your determination to help me with my own battle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so proud of you Jen!! Between you and Jane, I'm so proud to be in the company of such amazing women. And even prouder to call you friends!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said, Jen. I'll be right alongside of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, congrats!! I'm so proud of you, keep it up! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy Swanson HermanDecember 5, 2010 at 11:02 PM

    Girl, I'm here for you! I'm so proud of you, and I think our brains are wired the same...I'm doing this too...you have inspired me! I can no longer use the "I just had a baby excuse", nor the more recent, "but, I'm nursing and I'm HUNGRY!" excuse...it's time to find the fit girl under all this fluff...OK, FAT! We can do this! I love to exercise, but hate to eat right, so if we can support each other, we will succeed. Every time you want to skip the gym, you can text me at 580-977-8089, and I'll kick you in the butt...can I do the same when I try to justify eating a brownie sundae for breakfast? I love you...keep plugging away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are amazing, Jen! I'm so proud of you and admire you for your strength! Love, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete