Monday, December 6, 2010

The Cybex Elliptical: My archnemesis

So, despite my complete disgust with having to work out. I did it. In 15 minutes I went 5.14 miles on the stationary bike. It was low impact but it was my warm up so I could get my heart up a little bit. I felt fine after that, thus thinking that I probably shouldn't been such of a putz and should have increased the intensity. However, today wasn't the day! :)



Then it was on to the cybex elliptical machine. This was an interesting machine, not quite the elliptical I have known in the past and not a stair stepper, but something inbetween. Anyway, let me just tell you, even on the lowest intensity and lowest incline that was longest 20 minutes of my life! OMG...I hated it! Not sure it was the best for "fat burn" because my heart rate shot up to 150 way too fast and that is way over my target range. Yet, when you are 261 and doing crap to your body that it hasn't done in years, ugh, or decade maybe, what can I expect!
(My new least favorite thing!)


I think the cybex elliptical might be something that I can work towards. Cause really...that was NOT enjoyable. lol...but I made it through, despite my constant internal cursing. So, as my Weight Watchers leader, Ann, always says, "Can you do it another week?" I'll simply answer, I know I can do it one more day. I will re-evaluate after tomorrow's session! :D

***** 4 hours later....I finally calculated my activity points (basically the ability to EAT MORE FOOD!) I gained 8 more points! 8 MORE! Thats like a breakfast! hmmm maybe this excercise won't be so bad if I get to eat more! :D *****

1 comment:

  1. Find something that you like - Yoga, Pilates, Tae Bo, do you have a WII? Those are fun.
    Keep it up, I love hearing of your progress!
    Love,
    Jes

    ReplyDelete