Monday, December 20, 2010

Addicted....

to emotional eating!


WOW...let me tell you, it is amazing how much I am seeing this more and more. I have never doubted it, but I don't think I have ever paid close enough attention to it before. Sunday started out great and the eating was fine. I was right on track and I was feeling good. Then, the afternoon kinda went to hell and once my stomach wasn't queasy anymore...I ate the last 2 snowman cookies Trinity and I made, I opened up the pretzels and started in on those. Then we went to Josie's and I ate 4 more snowman cookies! (Sorry Josie!) THEN, I had dinner, which was healthy but then I had seconds....and hold on....THEN I HAD ANOTHER COOKIE! Honestly, if I had been alone I would have continued to eat. I know that. When I got home, I DID go to my fridge to eat something. But, instead...I did something just as bad...I went to have a cigarette with my neighbor! Yep! So, when I couldnt' find the food I wanted I went to the nicotine that I gave up for good 2 years ago! Seriously! It wasn't until after I was able to come to some resolution with what happened Sunday afternoon that I was able to look back at all I ate. It was like I didn't even see it...yet I KNEW I was doing it. It was very strange and hard to understand. I definitely have to get behind this one...cause this will be the make or break of my weight loss journey. Not just now...but for life.

2 comments:

  1. Stay Strong Sis! Lot's of love coming your way from Sabin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I'm having the same problem... and with the holidays here, it doesn't help much.
    Love you!
    Jes

    ReplyDelete