Tuesday, December 14, 2010

RANTING!

Okay...so here is my latest weight loss gripe...well maybe not a weight loss thing really...but just a gripe about being ANY size really, just just overweight.

It's about SIZES of clothes. WTH? I mean seriuosly...why can't there be a universal type sizing system so that I truly know what size in everything I need? Since I have already put my weight up there for the world to see...what the heck...big deal about the size. So...at my heaviest I was in a lot of 26-28 clothes. EEEEEK! There were a scattering of 24's in there that still worked. Now that I have lost almost 40 pounds I have been hovering around a 22/20 depending on the pants. Tops is a different story all together...those used to be 3 or 4X most of the time for me to feel comfortable...not 1 or 2X is fine. Yet...really....again they are never the same. I HAVE to try something on in order to know for sure. I bought size 20 jeans only because I needed a few more pairs and I would be in them soon. Then I happen to find a pair of khaki's (that I have on today in fact) that are also 20's from the SAME MAKER as the jeans mind you. Guess what...one fits beautifully and comfortably and one I can't even button! WTH? I mean COME ON. I already have a complex about the fact that I am wearing clothes this high...and now you are messing with my head even more to make me GUESS what size I am supposed to be in. UGH! It is making my life extremely difficult when it comes to getting dressed in the morning. I think I have it all figured out and then I go to put on a pair of something and NOPE those are the 20's that DON'T fit. *sigh* It is beyond irritating!

Not to mention it is crappy enough that I have to go to the "plus size" section for things. Is that supposed to be a nice way to say I'm fat? Is that a gentler way of pointing out all MY clothes have a 2 in the tens place? Then I LOVE to see a "plus size" model...that is wearing a freakin 14! GIVE ME A BREAK! That is average these days! In my opinion...any size that I can buy in a "normal" store should not be considered "plus size!"

Okay...I think I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment