Thursday, March 24, 2011

Back on the Wagon

So...I did it.  I went it and took the plunge on the scale last night.  I was TERRIFIED.  I was certain I'd gained like 15-20 pounds.  I am not sure that is realistic...but that is the way I felt.  Yet, I was pleasently surprised to see it was only a gain of 8.4!  Now...not perfect because it would have been better to not have had that issue at all...but dang...2 months of NOT following the program and it was only 8 pounds.  I'll take it. 
Ok...so now comes the hard part...sticking to it.  Letting myself FORGET about the numbers on the scale.  That is NOOOOOOOOOOT easy for me.  It is like those numbers become a tattoo I etch onto my forehead every week when I get there.  I have to transform my thinking and use it as a tool to guide the next week I am going to start.  I dont' want to throw it all away like last time if I get stuck.  However, I am determined to NOT get stuck.  I WILL make this happen. 

I sit and read the Caring Bridge site of an old friend as she documents the struggles and triumphs of her little girl...shewas born MUCH to early but fights every day to just put on a few ounces.  Then I sit and complain and give up because I've gained a few ounces?  Or I can't take a few off?  Not gonna happen.  When this little 3 pound darling is fighting hourly just to remember to breathe and keep her temperature stable....what I am dealing with is nothing.  So...you and me Brynkley...you gain it and do what you gotta do...and I'll lose it and do what I gotta do. 

Goals for this week:
Stay within my points daily
Do something active both days this weekend (trying to be realistic on what I WILL do.)
Cut back on all the soda and juice...switch back to my water
Track daily!!!!!!!!

4 things that I should be able to accomplish.  We shall see how things pan out.  I will be documenting more as things go along because it keeps me honest!  lol...Thanks for all the support...gonna make it COMPLETELY happen this time!

2 comments:

  1. Getting back on track and laying out your goals is seriously have the battle. One day at a time, you've got this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Belle! Love that you are following as I am now following you too! WE can do this...I look forward to reading more of your journey as well.

    ReplyDelete